Tuesday, June 28, 2011

"When I am laid in earth"


From the opera, Dido and Aeneas, by Henry Purcell (libretto by Nahum Tate).

"When I am laid in earth"
(Dido's Lament)  

Thy hand, Belinda, darkness shades me,
On thy bosom let me rest,
More I would, but Death invades me;
Death is now a welcome guest.

When I am laid, am laid in earth, May my wrongs create
No trouble, no trouble in thy breast;
Remember me, remember me, but ah! forget my fate.
Remember me, but ah! forget my fate.

I dont live here any more - Nees Morfes art gallery - Opening 26FEB2008

I dont live here any more - Nees Morfes art gallery - Opening 26FEB2008


i don't live here anymore - 23FEB2008

i don't live here anymore - 23FEB2008
many thanks to: Giannis Skaltsas, Giannis Messinis, Giannis Pilouris, Leonidas Karabinis, Thanos Klonaris, Dimitris Baboulis, Fanis Vlastaras and Maria Glyka for the help.